Thursday, February 4, 2021

Shamrock Bling

Do you have your Shamrocks polished and your drinking mugs ready, because St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner. Today I am celebrating the luck of the Irish was a card decked out in in full Shamrock Bling, or at least the Sparkle Blend variety.

I started by stamping a La-La Land Crafts Mad Hatter image in alcohol friendly ink.

Using a variety of Green copic inks, I colored up the hatter image to make it look more Irish.

I finished off the image using hints of gold and grey copics and trying to give him some fun Irish red hair.

Using a rectangle die, I die cut the image on all sides but the bottom.

Using an utility knife I trimmed around the edges of the image so the now Irishman could be attached to the base.

Using some distress oxides, I blended a background to go behind the Irishman. I used a huge variety of colors starting with Scattered Straw in the middle and blending out with Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Lucky Charm and Rusty Wilderness. I alway splashed the whole background with Nuvo Mica Mist in Fresh Pear. I know this is a wide range of colors, but I pulled them from the Shamrock Sparkle Blend pack.

I added three dimensional tape to the background, filling the middle of the image with extra tape to make sure the sequins are always seen.

This is what the Irishman looks like with the sequins and background added.

I love the little bit of edging left when the sparkle blend is added to an A2 Card frame.

Let me know in the comments below if you think I was able to turn the hatter into a fine Irishman. Until then, happy crafting.

1 comment: