Saturday, February 13, 2021

A Dragon's Fire Valentine

Are you ready for Valentine's Day yet? I am with this little bit of death and destruction, because what doesn't say I love you more than carnage. My husband loves when I create him cards that don't quite fit the mold, and ever since I saw EK's Dragon Fire sparkle blend mix from Doodle's Paper Playground, I knew I had to use this image from Little Miss Muffet.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2548.jpg

I started by coloring the Sleeping Beauty image with my colored pencils.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2549.jpg

I fussy cut the image out and lined it up with this bit of over inked black cardstock. This background was left over from another project, but I love the subtle hints of red within the black, making it prefect for the Sparkle Blend mix.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2550.jpg

I die cut the cardstock with a heart die, letting it be a little off center since this whole card is a little off center.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2551.jpg

I created the shaker element, and filled it with EK's Dragon Fire sparkle blend mix. I know this mix looks dark and broody, but it can actually be quite fun and bold.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2553.jpg

I constructed the shaker card and adhered the image to the front, letting her be the star in front of the heart.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2554.jpg

I added a few more sequins on top of the card so you could see the cool colors they really are.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2556.jpg

I finished the card with a sentiment stamped in white, and edging the whole card with more white ink.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2557.jpg

Make sure you tell me what you think of this fun design in the comments below. Until then, happy craftin!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_e2558.jpg

And make sure you check out the whole new collection of Sparkle Blends create by the design team over in the Doodle's Paper Playground store.

Oh, and if you want to save 10% on your order feel free to use the code EKGORMAN10

No comments:

Post a Comment