Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Another Alcohol Ink Shaker

 Hello! One of the highlights of my week is doing the FB Live for Doodles Paper Playground. Every Thursday, at 8PM EST I go Live and either show the latest release, or create some fun projects using Sparkle Blends. One of the coolest things about these FB Lives for me, is that I get to have you help me choose what items I'll be using to make the projects. I prefer to let the viewers have a say in what I'm making, instead of picking everything myself. The card I'm sharing today is from last week's FB Live, and the viewers (like my friend Marie Walton) had a huge part in what we made that evening. 

I made a bunch of backgrounds using alcohol inks from Ranger that night. Some of them used the "old-school" polished stone technique, but I also did some wispy backgrounds, like what you see in my card above. This card used the Sepia and the Mineral alcohol inks, along with some Blending Solution and Isopropyl Alcohol.  I think these wispy backgrounds are my favorite way to use alcohol ink.

The viewers and I decided to use the Sugar Script Big Hugs die from Birch Press Designs. I absolutely love this font, and I use it all the time. The Hot Cocoa Sparkle Blend is absolutely perfect with the alcohol ink colors used on this panel. I love the varying shades of brown, the glitter sequins, and of course those teeny tiny marshmallows. You can see that we used the negative space from the die cut underneath our shaker window, which I always think is a fun touch.

I really love how this card turned out, especially because I got to create it with so many folks during the FB Live. The card is so rich and shimmery and even better looking in person. To see the whole process, please check out last week's FB Live HERE. This week, I'll be previewing the new release which, I promise you, is going to knock your socks off if you're a fan of sequin mixes. It'll be on 2/4/2021 at 8PM EST on the Doodles Paper Playground FB Page. Also, why not join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on FB and share your sequin-filled projects with us there? You can also head over to the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to see all of the available Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

1 comment: