Friday, April 3, 2020

Hey!



Greetings! Alison here. Today, I've got a shaker card to share that uses a Sparkle Blend I hadn't played with before. I really love the colors in the Grandma's Knit Sweater Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground, but it hadn't worked with the cards I've made lately. Today, the array of colors in the Blend are just perfect with the colors on my card...and there are a lot!
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Hey-1-600.jpg
I had colored that pretty Laurel Burch image (from Stampendous' Geo Flora Wishes stamp set) quite some time ago. Originally, I thought I was going to use it for a bookmark. But I am glad I didn't because I love it on this card. I gold heat embossed it and then colored it with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. After I fussy cut it, I chose a Fitted Frame that was a good size to go with my image.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Hey-2.jpg
I chose a navy blue mat to cover my white card base, and I outlined my window with a metallic gold pen to help it stand out. I used the Simon Says Stamp & CZ Design Everett Solid Die Cut Letters for my sentiment, which I spritzed with Dylusions Spray. I knew that under my shaker window I needed something vibrant, so I grabbed a piece of an alcohol ink background that I made, and added that.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Hey-3.jpg
You can see the gorgeous mix of colors in this Sparkle Blend in the photos above. Blues, purple, green, orange, red, and iridescent...it's really beautiful, and totally reminds me a of a sweater that a grandma would have knit in the 70's. There's even a large sequin with stars on it!
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Hey-5-600.jpg
I love that there's no black or white on this card. I find that too often I rely on those two colors, but shaking things up and using navy, brown, or grey makes a card a little more unexpected. I needed something bright and bold right now. The weather has been so gray, and I'm just getting over a cold, so these vibrant colors were just what I needed. You can go and visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy, to check out Grandma's Knit Sweater and all of the other available Sparkle Blends. and use my code, “ALISON10” for 10% off of your total order, with no minimum. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment