Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Pawsome Pug


Hi, it's Phoenix. Today I am showing you my "Pawsome Pug" card. I was inspired by the new Pawsome Pets Sparkle Blend and the Bah Hum-Pug stamp set from Clearly Besotted. I really like the animal Fimo pieces in the Pawsome Pets Sparkle Blend. I also used some of the Citrine and Apple for Teacher Sparkle Blend.
First, I cut out the cream colored mat for the card. Then, I stamped the pug and colored and cut him out. I colored the pug with Tombow Dual Brush Markers. I knew before I started making the card that I wanted to have the sequins radiate out from the star on the pug, so I had to complete him first.
Next I attached the pug to the mat. After that, I started putting on sequins from the Pawsome Pets Sparkle Blend using On Point Glue. I started by putting on the yellows from Pawsome Pets and Citrine, and then worked my way out to the purples, then the blues. You can see a lot of the Fimo animal heads and paws in the picture above.
After I finished gluing on the sequins, I thought that the card needed more at the top, so I stamped on the sentiment from the Bah Hum-Pug stamp set and glued on a few more sequins in paw shapes around the sentiment. It took a long time to glue all the sequins on, but I really enjoyed making it.

Finally, I glued the mat on to the white card base. I'm really happy with how the colors radiate out from the pug. And, I like the variations of shapes and colors in the Sparkle Blends. You can check out all of the available Sparkle Blends at the White Rose Crafts shop. Thanks for looking at my post today. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure this pug card is really cute, but I'm not seeing the images at the moment.

    ReplyDelete