Monday, October 14, 2019

Happy Meowlloween

Greetings! Today I have a new multi-window shaker card to share that is just spooktacular! I am so loving the Grid Window from Mama Elephant, which makes it incredibly easy to make multi-window shakers. I decided that because I have so many windows, I wanted to use a few Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground; so I chose Citrine, Pumpkin Spice, and Trick or Treat.
I started off by stamping and coloring many of the images from Mama Elephant's Meowlloween stamp set with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. Then I die cut the images with the coordinating dies. Next, I cut my Grid Window out of black cardstock, and 2 layers of black craft foam. Having 2 layers of craft foam allows the Sparkle Blends to move freely in the space...even the larger pieces like the acrylic gems.
Although you can't really tell on the finished card, I removed 3 of the dividing lines in the Grid Window. One behind each of the cats, so that it made a larger shaker window. I'll be doing this technique again on future cards where it is more visible. You can see how terrific these Sparkle Blends go together, even though they are very different. Citrine is full of pure shades of yellow, Pumpkin Spice has orange undertones with opalescent greens and shades of brown and mocha. Trick or Treat is the perfect Halloween Blend, filled with purple, orange, green, and black with pumpkin shaped sequins!
After I filled all of the wells, I applied a piece of DCWV paper that is super old, but has teeny Halloween imagery on it that I knew would make a great background on this card. I mounted the filled Grid Window on to a black card base. I love that this die is the size of an A2 card.

There is a lot going on with this card, but I think it's very fun, and perfect for a non-spooky Halloween card. It's a lot of fun to combine different Sparkle Blends on the same card, or even with each other in the same window, to create new and unique looks. And there are so many to choose from! Please visit White Rose Crafts to see all of the currently available Blends, and remember, that they are all limited edition. So once they're gone, they're gone. You can use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your purchase. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a fang-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment