Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Penguin Party

Hello! Alison here, and I have a shaker card to share with you today that uses one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground, called "Penguin Party." And you'll see, that is exactly what's happening on my card today.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Penguin-Party-1-600.jpg
Seriously, how adorable are all of these penguins?! And make sure you look for the teeny ones that are actually in the Sparkle Blend! I used the Little Penguin Agenda stamps from Mama Elephant because they are obviously perfect for this Blend. I colored them with Zig Clean Color Markers and fussy cut them out.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Penguin-Party-2.jpg
I arranged them and chose to use a very pretty snowflake paper from the Wild Rose Studio's Festive Floral pack, and I die cut it along with a piece of craft foam with an Elizabeth Craft Designs oval die. I backed my shaker window with an old piece of patterned paper from my stash. Look at how pretty the soft pinks and whites the Sparkle Blend has. I really love the cool stripy sequins, and of course the fimo penguins make me smile!
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Penguin-Party-3.jpg
Paragraph
I decided that I didn't want my card base to show white on the front, so I inked the edges completely with Spun Sugar Distress Oxide. It coordinated perfectly with the pink in the snowflake paper. I topped off the card with a simple sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Tiny Words set.
I think this card is perfect for a winter birthday. Those penguins are adorable, and the little guy floating away is too cute. The Penguin Party Sparkle Blend can be used for much more than penguin cards. You can easily pluck out the little penguins if you need to and save them for another project. Be sure to head over to White Rose Crafts to see all of the new Sparkle Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment