Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Pawsome Birthday

Hello! Alison here. Today I have a birthday shaker card that features the "Pawsome" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I paired it with a stamp that's actually from a Lawn Fawn Christmas set, but it is totally adaptable for birthdays.
I started off by stamping the presents from Lawn Fawn's "Simply Celebrate Winter" set on to watercolor paper and partially die cutting a rectangle window with a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs. Then I cut around the gifts with an X-Acto knife. Next, I watercolored the presents with my Koi watercolor set from Sakura. I kept the Sparkle Blend in front of me as I painted, so I made sure to use colors that worked with it.
I decided I wanted the top layer to have a little more color, so I used "Rose Bud" and "Danube Blue" Fireworks! Spray from Imagine. I shook the bottles then removed the nozzle and tapped the straw from the nozzle to get my splatters. I made sure to cover my painted presents too so that there wouldn't be any splatters on them. In the photo above, you can see how pretty the colors are in the Pawsome Sparkle Blend. I left the Fimo paws and animals out of this card because I just wanted it to be a generic birthday card, without animals in it. I'll use them another time.
I backed my shaker window with a very old scrap from K & Co. Are they even still around? I loved them.... But I digress.....then I adhered my shaker panel to a white card base. My watercolor paper isn't pure white, but I like the slight difference in colors between the base and top panel.

Because the gifts are small and simple in design, they can get colored or painted quickly. The design is also fast to duplicate. The trickiest part is cutting the top of the gifts, but you could always stamp the presents separately, fussy cut them, and then adhere them to your shaker window. I just wanted this card to have a smooth top layer. The Pawsome Sparkle Blend has such fun and cheery colors, I knew it would be great for a birthday card. Be sure to head over to the White Rose Crafts shop to see all of the currently available Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment