Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Tiny Coffee Shakers

Hello! Alison here. Today I am sharing two cards that both use the same stamp, but I gave them each different shaker windows. I used the Pumpkin Latte stamps set from Stampendous, which actually has two pumpkins on the label area of the cup. But, since I turned the labels into shakers, I can change the feel of the image from being very Fall-ish, to working for any season (or no season at all!). Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground will work with pretty much any color combo, since there are so many Blends available!
I started off by coloring the coffee cups, and then helped me to determine which Sparkle Blend I wanted to use, as well as the shape of the shaker window.
For the blue card, I used the Frozen Sparkle Blend, along with a small die from Lawn Fawn's Thanks a Latte die set. I used some Lawn Fawn plaid paper, and an older sentiment from Stampendous. I inked the sentiment with VersaFine Clair ink in Twilight, which is one of my favorite colors to use for sentiments. I also added some sequins to the front of my card using On Point Glue.
For my pink and purple card, I opted to use the Garnet Sparkle Blend. I chose to use a heart die from Stampendous' Wings Die Set.
I knew I wanted to make this card look very different from the blue card, so instead of using patterned paper, I decided to use one of Stampendous' beautiful 6" x 6" stamps. This one is called Moroccan, and I love it. I heat embossed it with the deep purple embossing powder from the Floral Garden Embossing Powder set. Then I inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Oxide and Vintage Photo Distress Ink (yup, I used to different styles of inks).


I also used plain pink cardstock and spritzed it with Lilac Posies Fireworks! Spray from Imagine. Then I inked my sentiment with VersaFine Clair ink in Fantasia. I also added some sequins to the front of this card as well. So there you go! Two totally different cards, that have slightly altered focal images that make adorable little shakers. You can shop for any of the available Sparkle Blends over at White Rose Crafts, who is the exclusive retailer for Doodles Paper Playground's sequin mixes. You can use my code, "Alison 15" to save 15% off of your purchase. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment