Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Little Boo Shaker

Greetings! Alison here. Today I have a TWELVE window shaker (using six Sparkle Blends!) to share with you, and I hope you think it's as adorable as I do. I recently went to an event with Mama Elephant in NYC with my husband and I bought some of their newest stamps and dies. We had an amazing time. My card today uses Little Boo Agenda, which was previously released. I couldn't wait to use it.
Just look at these adorable ghosties! There are even more in the stamp set that I didn't use on this card. But don't worry, I'll use them on something soon. When I first saw the Grid Window cover die, I knew it was absolutely perfect for shaker cards. And the "Agenda" stamps (basically teeny images that are great for planners as well as cards) fit so well within the windows.
I die cut the Grid Window with gray cardstock, and I also cut a sheet of white craft foam with it to make creating the shakers easier. I used Tear It! Tape from Imagine (which is 1/4" wide) to adhere all of my layers together. After I had colored my ghosts, I began to place them and choose my Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. I really love how the two little ghosts above turned out.
There are so many beautiful Sparkle Blends to choose from, but only two of the ones I used today actually fell into the "Halloween" category. That means you can really stretch the Blends you may already have on hand to make them work for many occasions. In the photo above, you can see Orange You Glad, Green with Envy, Dragon Glass, and Mardi Gras Parade.
The other two Sparkle Blends that I used are Trick or Treat and Something Wicked. Although it takes some time to put the individual Blends into each shaker window, the ghosts (and other Agenda stamps) don't take long to color, so the time evens itself out.
I colored the ghosts with Zig Clean Color Markers, and my background was done with Distress Oxides in Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, and Lucky Clover.
I really love this card, and I can't wait to play with all of these elements in different ways very soon. I have two other "Agenda" stamp sets from Mama Elephant, and I know that they'll be perfect with this Grid Window and Sparkle Blends. And of course, I love how this cover die showcases the many Sparkle Blends I used on this card. They all stand out, and I don't think they are overwhelming because i was careful to not overfill the windows. Be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see all of the currently available Sparkle Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment