Friday, September 13, 2019

Blowing Bubbles

Hello! Today I have a clean and simple shaker card to share with you. I was at a Scrapbook Expo last month and I came a cross the Let the Wind Carry You die set from Altenew. The stamps weren't available, but based on the simple shapes of the dies, I knew I could get them to work for shaker cards beautifully.
I love the silhouette of the little girl, and that large bubble die is just perfect for a shaker. I chose to use the Pearl Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground for the bubble. This Blend is filled with white, irridecent, and pearly sequins. Plus, there are beads, tine sequin flowers, and mylar tubes. It's lovely.
I backed my shaker window with a soft pink harlequin paper that I had in my stash. I also decided to softly ink the edges of my top layer with Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar Distress Oxides, to mimic the iridescent colors in the Pearl Sparkle Blend. I used makeup blending brushes for a very soft wash of color. Lastly, I topped off my card with a sentiment from one of my favorite sentiment sets. It's from Hero Arts and is called You are Loved. One thing I love about this set is that a portion of the proceeds go to the Kind Campaign, to help their efforts in ending bullying.
I think the bold shapes of this card make a statement, even though it's a clean and simple card. I love the Pearl Sparkle Blend in the bubble, though I can envision a lot of other Sparkle Blends being used too, like Pixie Dust. You can check out all of the available Sparkle Blends over at White Rose Crafts, as they are the exclusive retailer. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment