Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Sparkly Lattes

Hello! It's Alison and today I've got a new card that has a teeny shaker in it. I love to put shakers in unexpected places, and this is one of them. I chose to use the Gingerbread Man Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.
I colored the Gal from Vera Lane's Coffee Lover Gal set during the last 30 Day Coloring Challenge from The Daily Marker with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I chose to pair her with the cup that's in Lawn Fawn's Thanks a Latte stamp set. I stamped a background with them in VersaFine ink and then I heat embossed the background with Ivory embossing powder from Stampendous.
To color in the cups, I used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens, as I didn't want in-your-face color, but I definitely wanted a lot of sparkle. They worked perfectly on my brown cardstock. You can see the small window I cut out for my shaker. It was very easy to do, especially since I had the embossed lines as a guide. My X-Acto knife made it nice and quick.
I added some additional sequins to the outside of the card, as I usually do, especially when my shaker window is small. I adhered all of the sequins with On Point Glue, which is my absolute favorite liquid adhesive.
I mounted the shaker panel on to a cream card base, and used the same cardstock for my sentiment strip, which I stamped with Rich Cocoa Memento ink.
I love all of the sparkle on this card, not only from the markers, but of course from the beautiful, rich Gingerbread Man Sparkle Blend. It has such yummy browns and just enough glitter sequins in it. Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts to see this and all of the other available Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment: