Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Negative Foil Shaker

Hello! Last Thursday, I shared a card using the Gina K Foil-Mates  "Sweet Expressions". It was my first time using one, and I loved the end result. You can check out that post HERE. So I loved how the pre-made image foiled, but then I realized how nice the leftover negative space was, and I decided to use that on a different card. Check it out.
 It looks like it is supposed to be used, so I just didn't have the heart to throw it away. The clear acetate that the foil comes on is flimsy, so I cut an additional piece of acetate and glued them together for some stability. Then I die cut around the foiled image with a simple circle. By the way, the foil I used is from Scrapbook Adhesives.
 I took a look through some of the backgrounds that I made recently and I thought that this one was perfect. It was made on photo paper with Distress Oxides. I love the bold swaths of color. I opted to use the "Amethyst" Sparkle Blend with just a bit of the "Green with Envy" Sparkle Blend. It just needed that bit of green to help coordinate better with the background.
I thought that the card needed a little more of that shiny blue, and thankfully, the Lapis PearLustre embossing powder from Stampendous! matched pretty perfectly to the foil. It's not quite as shiny, of course, but the color is just right, so I embossed the outer edge of my card with it. 
I love how quickly this card came together, using a background that I had already created, along with the negative space of the foil sheet. I really like how much you can see into the shaker too. It's just a happy little card that I look forward to sending to a friend. Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts LLC where you can get almost all of the supplies I used. Remember, you can only get Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground there. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment