Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Birthday Shaker

Hello! Alison here. I have found that one of the most popular cards that people create are birthday cards. We need them all year, so it's easy to understand why they are so popular to make. And who doesn't love a good celebratory card? I've got a shaker card today that uses the beautiful "Aquamarine" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.
 I've been trying to use some of the Distress Oxide backgrounds that I've created this month, and if you frequent my blog, you'll see that I have used several in March. I really love how this one turned out, which was done on glossy photo paper. I used Salty Ocean, Cracked Pistachio, Mustard Seed, and Tumbled Glass on it. The background inspired me on how to create the finished card.
 The "Aquamarine" Sparkle Blend is monochromatic, but has lots of lovely shades in it. I love the wide range of sizes, shapes, and styles of sequins. You can see the beautiful variety in the photo above.
 I broke out Doodlesbug's Dragon Tails Odds & Ends to create my shaker window and add some extra elements. This set has so many fun images, and it's such a time saver since I don't have to color anything. I also stamped a simple "Happy Birthday" from the Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words set, stamped in ScrapBerry's Stains Blue ink, which I also used on my card base.
The background of this card had enough going on that I didn't need to do too much to the foreground. And using pre-colored and cut images really helped to make this card come together quickly. Which kinds of cards do you find that you make most frequently? Are birthday cards high on your list? That's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment