Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Copper Penny Hex Shakers

Hello Crafty Friends! Alison here, and today I am sharing a shaker card using the gorgeous Copper Penny Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. But before we jump in, let me ask you....do you play along with The Daily Marker's 30 Day Coloring Challenge? I try to play along each time it happens, but I admittedly have a tough time completing the entire month, unfortunately. I really need to work on that! The reason I ask is because I am guessing that some of you, like me, wind up with a bunch of colored images but not a completed project. I keep an envelope of my colored images on my desk so that I can rummage through them any time I need to make something quick, or I'm not sure what I feel like working on. That's what I did with this card. This adorable kitty from Vera Lane was colored and fussy cut some time ago, but I just didn't have a chance to complete a project with him. He's part of the Quirky Zombie Couple and Cat digi set.
 I colored the cat with Memento Markers, which helped me to choose the right Sparkle Blend for my card. Copper Penny was just perfect because of the shades of oranges, copper, golds, and touches of dark teal.
 To create my shakers, I used the Hex Dies from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs. I actually kept my Hex shapes attached to each other, to ensure they were lined up nicely with each other. I cut them out, then I used the 2 striped Hex Stamps from the coordinating set, stamped with Tea Dye Distress Oxide on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock. I backed the shakers with a scrap from a very old piece of DCWV patterned cardstock.
 I like to add a few sequins to the outside of my card for some added dimension and shine. I use On Point Glue for this. I added a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp and I added my shaker panel to a brown card base.
This kitty cracks me up! He looks like he is just barely holding it together. And I bet a lot of us can relate (I know I can!). I hope you'll head on over to White Rose Crafts LLC to check out Copper Penny and the rest of the Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. They are the exclusive retailer for this sparkly goodness. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment