Sunday, March 24, 2019

Hi Shaker Card

Hello Crafty Friends - Annie here with a fun Spring shaker card perfect to send to anyone.

With a few simple die cuts, you can easily create multiples of this card. I used 2 Sparkle Blends for the shaker - Sparkle Blends: Flower Power & Sparkle Blends: Flaming Sunset

No photo description available.
For a floral fanatic, this blend is perfect!  Flowers in this bright, happy blend! 
 Flower styles range from simple daisies to Fimo slices and holographic blooms.

Image may contain: food
The beautiful hues of red, yellow, orange and gold sequins, crystals, 
seed beads, and colorful spheres gives this blend just the right tone.


So, Let's get started!

I gathered my supplies. Then, I die cut the word HI using my big letters from heavyweight white cardstock and some flowers from glitter cardstock and vellum.

Next, I used some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spray in Spiced Marmalade and Some TH Distress Oxide Ink in Squeezed Lemonade on the card front panel that I die cut my greeting from. I set it aside to dry.

Then, I worked on the flowers. I added a bit of liquid glue to the center of the vellum flowers and added the glitter flowers on top. I then curled the petals a bit for some dimension.  


Now, that the front panel is dry; I turn it over and adhere some clear packaging (you can use acetate) to the back. I then add some foam adhesive all over the back of the front panel - expect where the greeting is. Next, I add a mix of the Sparkle Blends into the open area. Add the Light Orange cardstock backing to the panel.


Now, adhere the flowers to the front panel. I added some Sparkle Blends to the center of the flowers for a finishing touch.

Now, the card is complete!

Supplies Used




Sue Wilson Dies - Finishing Touches - Striped Nasturtiums

Recollections Brand: Heavy Weight Cardstock:
White & Light Orange

Colorbok Brand: Heavy Weight Glitter Cardstock:
Lemon Yellow and Orange

Thank you for stopping by the blog today! 

Be sure to tag us Doodles Paper Playground on social media 
if you create a project with our Sparkle Blends.
 All of our Sparkle Blends can be purchased on the 

No comments:

Post a Comment