Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Full Circle

Hello! Alison here! Today I have a card that is meant to inspire the folks that really aren't into shaker cards and a ton of shine. Yes, yes....I have heard that there are people out there that may not want to make shakers, and that's ok! You don't need to use Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground to only make shakers or sequin-heavy cards. My project today is actually a little light on the sequins. But I think it's just enough to be impactful and elegant.

I had an idea to swipe VersaMark ink down the side of my card and to emboss it with metallic embossing powder to eventually play off of the sequins that I would add to the card later. I knew that the new Bells are Ringing Sparkle Blend would be perfect for this card, because it is pretty neutral in it's color palette. I though that doing this with a more geometric stamp set would be fun, so I chose the fabulous Full Circle stamp set from Ink Road Stamps.

I swiped the side of my card with VersaMark ink and heat embossed Rose Gold Embossing Powder on top. Then, I started stamping out my circles, 2 at a time, and heat embossing them. I used Ice PinkDetail BlackChampagne, and Shabby Pink. Then, using a 1" circle punch, I punched all of the circles out and laid them on to my card to arrange them.

I added a few hexagons with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne from the Full Circle stamp set to add some more detail. I also added my sentiment. After placing my circles, I adhered them to the card, adding foam squares to the back of some for dimension. The, I began to add my sequins. The Bells are Ringing Sparkle Blend is perfect for holiday cards, weddings, and every day cards such as this one. Inside the blend you will find glitter sequins in silver and gold, opalescent sequins, as well as lovely silver bells. Once I was pleased with the arrangement, I adhered the sequins with On Point Glue from Imagine.

This card came together very quickly, but I think it has a nice impact. I can imagine doing different versions of this card with different embossing powders and Sparkle Blends. This is one of those cards that I think would be perfect to make as a set to give as a gift. I hope this gives you ideas on ways to use your Sparkle Blends in a more minimalist way, but allowing the Blends to still shine. Please visit White Rose Crafts LLC to see all of the available Sparkle Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

1 comment: