Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Shake 'N Bake

Hello! Alison here! Today I have a new shaker card to share with you that I made for my sister's birthday. First, she loves to bake. Second, she loves pink and green. She also loves shaker cards and pretty much all things Lawn Fawn. Knowing all this, I had a fun challenge on my hands. The Flamingo Tropic Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground was an absolutely perfect choice for this card because of the colors.

I started off with the adorable oven from Lawn Fawn's Sprinkled with Joy stamp set and I colored it with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I fussy cut the oven, although I do have the coordinating dies. But for this card, I didn't want the white border around the image. I also used an X-Acto Knife to cut out the window for the oven. I colored a piece of scrap cardstock to go behind my shaker window to look like the interior of the oven.

After I completed my shaker (seriously, how perfect is Flamingo Tropic with this color combo?!, I moved on to my background. I wanted something fun, with a retro vibe, so the Pop Rectangles (from Stampendous) stencil was perfect. I chose to work on a gray card base, and I used Spectrum Noir's glitter markers to color the stencil in and added some white highlights after I removed the stencil with a white Posca Pen. The sentiment is from the Sprinkled with Joy stamp set and it's just perfect for a shaker!

I am happy to report that my sister just loved the card. Again, she loves shakers and all things Lawn Fawn, so I was pretty sure I had a winner. Have you used any interesting stamps to make a fun shaker lately? What have you used?

The other day, I went live on Facebook to give a close up look at many of the current Sparkle Blends. If you would like to check it out, please go HERE. Also, please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts LLC, who is the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

4 comments: