Monday, September 10, 2018

Consider This Card a Hug: Unicorn Sparkle Blend

Hello! It's Alison and today I have a new shaker card to share with you. I made this card for my daughter for her first day of school. I recently purchased the Give a Hoot stamp set from Elizabeth Craft Designs, and I knew using them would be perfect as she loves owls so much.

I colored them in some of our favorite colors and used the coordinating dies to cut them out. To stamp them, I used VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne, and to color the images, I used Zig Clean Color Markers.

My daughter loves vivid colors so I knew that I needed to use the gorgeous Unicorn Sparkle Blend on this card. It has so many stunning colors (including opalescent sequins), and it is truly our favorite of all the Blends. In the photo below, you can see the wide range of sizes and colors in this unique Blend. 

My daughter and I also really like to mix patterns, and I enjoy adding a fun pattern behind my shaker, for when the sequins and other bits fall to the bottom. So I chose a fun floral from DCWV to go with the polka dot pattern on my top layer (also from DCWV). For my sentiment, I reached for my favorite sentiment stamp set, which is the You are Loved stamp set from Hero Arts. I opted for a gray card base, which I think is really pretty and different. I don't know about you, but I get tired of white, cream, and black card bases. Gray is a nice change. 

My daughter loved her card, and that makes me so happy. I'll be sharing the card I made for my son in a few days. From what I have heard, there are only a couple packs of the Unicorn Sparkle Blend left at White Rose Crafts LLC. Once a Blend has sold out, it is gone forever, so don't miss your chance to grab it! White Rose Crafts is the only place you can purchase Sparkle Blends. And don't forget! Doodles Paper Playground is having a DT Call! If you would like to be a part of the sparkly fun, please visit THIS POST to learn all of the details. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment