Thursday, September 6, 2018

Design Team Project for Kindred Stamps: Demon Hunters

Hello Doodle Fans,

I'm back with another design team project for Kindred Stamps. I absolutely loved using their Demon Hunters stamp set. If you know me at all, you know I'm a big fan of a certain set of brothers and their angel bestie, but this girl is a sucker for a great, classic car, so I knew I had to color the Impala up with my Copic Markers!


I decided she deserved a starring roll on this card, so I went with some simple layers on a rich, navy blue card base. I cut mountains out of textured, medium grey cardstock with the Lawn Fawn Mountain Border Dies, the layered road out of white cardstock and black textured cardstock with the Lawn Fawn Road Border Dies and a moon out of cream cardstock, with a circle die from my stash. I layered them up at the base of my side folding, landscape, A2 cardbase using Ek Success 2 Way Glue Pen



Next, I pressed my White Colorbox ink pad onto an acrylic block and sprayed it with some water, to thin it. I mixed it up and used a piece of torn copy paper as a makeshift mask, then used a paint brush to flick the thinned ink onto the "sky" portion of my card. I liked how the ink faded back as it dried, leaving a subtle galaxy of stars, but I also wanted some brighter points, so I pulled out my trusty Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, and added some little dots as more stars. Finally, I heat embossed the "My Prince Charming..." sentiment from the stamp set in the top left corner, using Ranger Superfine White Embossing Powder. I added a coat of Spectrum Noir Clear Shimmer Pen to the moon, and then moved on to the inside. 


Because I like to bring the outside of my card to the inside, I decided to heat emboss the Impala image with Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder in the bottom right corner & then used the same white from before to add the "You've possessed me" sentiment next to it.


I hope you've enjoyed my card today. I loved working with the Demon Hunters stamp set so much, I will likely have one or two more projects coming later in the month featuring some of the other images I've already colored & more sentiments, so stay tuned! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

2 comments: