Sunday, July 4, 2021

Triple Shaker with Bunnies!

 Hello! Alison Heikkila here. Last Thursday I made this cute shaker card over on the Doodles Paper Playground FB Page during a FB Live. We combined products from a bunch of companies and we created an adorable card with sherbet colors and 3 different Sparkle Blends. I say "we" because i never make all of the decisions about how we make a project. I love when the viewers chime in with suggestions or opinions on the choices I give them. So we're essentially all making the project together.

*Links to all products used are in Alison's Blog Post

I had pre-colored and cut out the bunnies (from Mama Elephant) to save a little time during the FB Live. I had also pulled out the Houndstooth background stamp from Erin Lee Creative and 4 colors of Distress Ink. We used Spun Sugar, Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin, and Abandoned Coral. I cut my windows easily with the circles from Your Next Stamp's Peek a Boo Trio die.

For our Sparkle Blends, we decided to use Grapefruit, Lemonade, and Candy Corn. The colors went really well with the bunnies and the Distress Ink colors. Look at how many different items are in each of those little windows! I didn't even use all of the components in each of the Sparkle Blends. I used a piece of Lawn Fawn paper for being the shaker windows. My sentiment is a the Painted Hello die from Simon Says Stamp, which I used Therm O Web's Adhesive Pen on, and then foiled with Peach Princess Deco Foil. I also added a "shadow" layer using another piece of Lawn Fawn cardstock. The card base was rimmed with Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink, which was the perfect match to the Lawn Fawn paper.

I think this card came out adorable. I love the colors...the Sparkle Blends are a happy surprise inside those circles...and those bunnies are adorbs. If you didn't get a chance to catch the FB Live, you can check it out HERE. It would be great if you were with us for the next time! They're always on Thursdays at 8PM EST on the Doodles Paper Playground FB Page. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment