Monday, July 19, 2021

Flamazing!

Hello! Alison Heikkila here. I've got a full panel shaker card to share today for Doodles Paper Playground. I combined two beautiful Sparkle Blends for this card, and the end result is beautiful. I am a huge fan and collector of flamingos. I just love them. But for some reason, I just hadn't gotten around to using the "You're Flamazing" Sparkle Blend yet. So I pulled out a fun stamp set from Hampton Arts and got to work. I had been wanting to make a full panel shaker for a while, as it's been a long time since I made one.

I created my background using 2 stamps from Stampendous' Jungle Greenery set with 2 colors of VersaColor Inks. That layer came out pretty soft, so I used one of the leaves from my Flamingo stamp set from Hampton Arts with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide on top. I love how it looked, so I stopped there. Then, I added adhesive tape to the back, and wrapped packaging from a stamp set around the background. I adhered 3 sides only, so that I could drop in my Sparkle Blends from the 4th side.

All of those lovely shades of pink sequins are from the "You're Flamazing" Sparkle Blend, while the green and whites are from the "So Matcha Fun" Sparkle Blend. I love those 2 combined, and it really ties the entire card together. I inked up the flamingo with Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide. I used Kitsch Flamingo around the edge of my card base too. I used the fantastic "Dude" from Simon Says Stamp, with some Spring Green foil and the Deco Pen from Therm O Web, and a sentiment from Lawn Fawn.

Full panel shakers are so much fun, and they are pretty simple to make...no foam or dies required! Plus, you get a ton of movement! I love the tropical vibes from this card, plus pink and green are one of my favorite color combos. Please visit the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to see the entire new collection, plus some new goodies that Amber has added to the shop! And make sure you join the Sparkle Blends Fan Club on FB to always get fantastic inspiration on how to use those Sparkle Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment