Monday, February 24, 2020

Reach for the Stars

Hi, it's Rhiannon. Today I have a card using the "Nebula" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I really like the big sequins that's in this Blend. They look like planets. I liked the idea of doing a nebula as the background, for the Nebula Blend.
First I cut a small mat of cardstock and inked blended it with Distress Oxides in Peeled Paint, Seedless Preserves, and Black Soot. After it was dry, I took the stars from the Hero Arts' Dreams are Made stamp set and stamped it with VersaMark Ink. Then I embossed it with Detail Silver Embossing Powder from Stampendous. I repeated this a bunch of times until I was happy with the background.
Then I took the sentiment, which was from the Voyager stamp set from AALL & Create and stamped it on a separate piece of cardstock. I split the sentiment in to 2 lines, instead of how it is in one line. I cut it out and I added color with Memento Markers. The colors matched the background really well. I used Tuxedo Black, Elderberry, and Pistachio.
Next I poured out some of the Nebula Sparkle Blend on to a piece of scrap paper, and I placed the sequins where I wanted them on the card. I glued them down with On Point Glue and I attached the background to my black card base.

 I liked how I embossed the silver stars. This Blend has some glow in the dark stars in it. I think they're cool, and I added 2 to my card. The "planet" sequins in this Blend are really unique and fun. I know I'll use it again soon. Don't forget to visit the new Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment