Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Ruby Shaker

Hello! Alison here! I've got a shaker card to share with you today that has a brand-spankin' new Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground in it. I am featuring "Ruby" which is part of the Birthstone Collection. July babies rejoice! Your Sparkle Blend has arrived! This card was inspired by a few things. Of course, the Ruby Blend started the process. I also recently watched one of Mary Polanco's latest YouTube videos, where she admits to being stuck in a crafty rut, but she pushed through and made some spectacular cards. Her cards featured the May My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts. I have that kit, and I was really loving her all green card. You can check out Mary's YouTube Video HERE, and the corresponding blog post HERE. She has a ton of wonderful ideas. Also, if I am being totally honest, "The Red" from Chevelle was also an inspiration here. I love that band, and that song, so as soon as I saw this Blend, my mind immediately went there.
I started off by stamping a ton of images from the MMH Kit with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne on to Smooth Bristol Cardstock. I used all of the reds in my Zig Clean Color Marker set. I colored everything in and then die cut them all. Then I die cut my window with an Elizabeth Crafts Designs circle die and I started to arrange my bits and pieces around the window.
You can see in the photo above, just how rich the red tones are in this Blend. It's filled with rich, true, ruby tones in different shapes, textures and sizes. There are small beads, mini gems, and tiny flowers inside. It's a stunning mix that will be perfect for holiday cards, patriotic cards, July birthday cards or, just for those who love red, like me! I used the Brutus Monroe Foam Tape to seal my shaker layer. This tape is 1/8" thick, so everything moves freely in the window, except for that one bead that's hanging out...you'll see it in the photo below. I actually like that it's stuck there, since I chose to leave the background all white this time around.
You can see how high my shaker panel is elevated off of the card base, and that's just one layer of the foam tape! I finished the card off with one of the wonderful sentiments in the MMH Kit.
This card was a total blast to make, and I think I may make one for every color of the rainbow. Wouldn't that make a fun gift? And there are certainly enough Sparkle Blends to choose from to make this idea work. And if I keep the arrangement the same, it should be a pretty fast process. I can't wait to show you projects using the rest of the new Sparkle Blends. They aren't available in the White Rose Crafts shop just yet...there are some BIG changes happening right now! But I'll be sure to let you know when they are live and ready to be purchased. But for now, why not head over to the WRC site anyway to see all of the other available Sparkle Blends? Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment