Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Ice Cream for Summer

Hello! I have a fun, summery shaker card featuring three Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground to share with you today. I love ice cream, especially in the summer, and the Lawn Fawn Sweetest Flavor stamps are just perfect for what I wanted to create.
I started off by stamping my 3 focal ice cream cones with VersaFine Clair ink in Nocturne. Then, I stamped the rest of my cones all over the background with Gray Flannel Memento Ink. I filled in the empty spaces with hearts, and gave all of the background ice cream happy faces. I also added my sentiments with Nocturne ink from the Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Sentiments (the original set).
Next, I carefully lined up the Sweetest Flavor Reveal Wheel Add-On Die that cuts out the center of the ice cream, on each of my three focal cones. I adhered some acetate to the back, and then foam tape from Brutus Monroe to the entire back of my shaker panel. I decided to go with a patriotic color scheme, because it just added to that summery vibe. I used the new Ruby and Pearl Sparkle Blends, as well as Blue Over You, which was previously released. I also colored the cones using Desert Sand and Rich Cocoa Memento markers. This took about a minute to do. Super fast! I added some plain white cardstock behind my shaker windows to seal them up, and applied the panel to a gray card base. I am really loving gray card bases lately. Do you ever change up your base color?
Something I really like about making small shakers is that you can use up the last bits you may have left from a Sparkle Blend. Also, small shakers give you the opportunity to have lots of different Sparkle Blends all on one project.
This card is super sweet, and I just love this Sparkle Blend combination. Please head over to White Rose Crafts LLC to shop for many of these great products and then some. WRC is the exclusive retailer for Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment