Sunday, December 23, 2018

Hex Yeah!

Hello! Alison here. Today I am sharing a card that I made my son for his birthday. He loves shaker cards, so I knew I wanted to go in that direction.  I actually used 4 Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground on this card. One of them is Copper Penny from the new release. And I finally have the Hex Yeah stamps and dies from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs, that I knew he would think was cool.

I made 4 shaker windows using the 2 hexagon dies in the set. I actually kept them attached so that I didn't have to worry about measuring the distance between them. Once I laid out my first set (the top 2), I rotated the hexagons so that the little one would sit in where I just die cut it. This allowed me to cut a larger one with the proper spacing. I repeated this with the larger hexagon to cut the final little guy.

As I mentioned, I used Copper Penny Sparkle Blend in the upper left hexagon, followed by Peacock PizzazBe Leaf in Yourself, and last but not least, Breakfast at Tiffy's. Look at the square sequins in Copper Penny! I knew my son would love the contrasting Blends. I backed the shakers with Gold Shimmer Paper. I really like adding fancy paper behind the windows. To jazz up the background, I wet some gold Fine Tec watercolor and splattered it all over. More shine is always good with my boy. The "It's your birthday" is from Stampendous.

Needless to say, my son loved his card. There was a lot of shaking going on after he received it. I think it's a pretty cool card too.

Please be sure to visit White Rose CRafts LLC to check out all of the new Sparkle Blends. They are the exclusive retailer of Sparkle Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment