Monday, December 24, 2018

Juniper Berries Sparkle Blend

Greetings! Alison here. My favorite Sparkle Blend from the newest release of Doodles Paper Playground is Juniper Berries. It's made up of shades of purple and teal, which are my favorite colors. There are also soft greens, fantastic blue squares, and silver glitter sequins in the Blend. I believe this has become the fast favorite of the design team! I let the colors of Juniper Berries guide me though the making of this card.

I wanted to do something with flowers, so I chose to use the Vintage Flowers stamps and dies from Altenew. I used a variety of Memento and VersaMagic inks from Imagine to ink up the flowers and foliage. The flowers used Aspen Mist VersaMagic, Sweet Plum, Grape Jelly, and Elderberry Memento. The leaves used Niagara Mist VersaMagic and Cottage Ivy Memento.

For my top layer, I applied Antique Linen and Iced Spruce Distress Oxides to my craft mat. I spritzed them with water and dipped my cardstock in a few times, heat setting the colors between dips. I love the dreamy, watercolor look the background has. The colors were just a little off in comparison to the rest of the card though, so I rubbed Aspen Mist VersaMagic across the entire background to soften the colors a bit and to add a tinge of blue. Behind my shaker window, I added a piece of Bo Bunny paper from the Bella Rosa collection.

I added a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp (inked in Elderberry), and popped the top layers on to a cream card base. These colors are soft and remind me of a foggy Spring morning.

I adore the Juniper Berries Sparkle Blend, and I hope you do too. Please be sure to visit White Rose Crafts LLC to see all of the new release Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. I'll be back tomorrow with another card. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment