Sunday, May 20, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva Alison Heikkila: Botanic Hello

Botanic Hello
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Flaming Sunset

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Or should I say, "Botanic Hello?" That's the name of the beautiful (and BIG) stamp from Mama Elephant I used today to show off some stunning sequins from Doodles Paper Playground. Alison here! I chose to work with the Flaming Sunset Sparkle Blends for this card. The colors and styles of sequins in this pack are so unique and bold. I also decided to use a few of the flowers from the Flower Power Sparkle Blend, which is full of nothing but beautiful and bright floral sequins. It's a real beauty! 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiLblDgRodWBXW17nQQYpqp-Ra3v522bGxrH_embLQFJbcU-q4_8FhcFHT9ZkBmeOJIvp77ZhArDxc2z0nNRvJA0GhunWcbHM8OhU310uwKuU-WXMZ_xbva_1q8o5_6UbEW7LV8jOj2gyEx/s400/Hello-1.jpg

I first stamped out my image and colored it with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. To make the "hello" pop, I used a glitter pen from Sakura. Then I gave the image a loose fussy cut, leaving a thin white border around it. Next I chose 2 green pieces of cardstock to add behind my colored image. I thought they really helped the image pop, especially since I left that white border. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjt7Hzg53-LkQ2LFXOPwNQnpWDYaOs1TeXcrmOwfl8vKTH_W-3BE56k4KM8PLY6vEVqJZHDehF19EbMAaQq9HFLncGeLaApBNDt5mEPy_0bxXr1uLSxlyI2i7d_lgFB7KLUuMk_uh6Usfnq/s400/Hello-2.jpg

Then I chose the sequins I thought went best with the colored image. I played around with the placement a bit and the mix of sequins themselves until I was happy with the various textures and colors. I didn't want to go too matchy-matchy, but rather coordinate with the marker colors I used. I affixed them with On Point Glue from Imagine. That glue has a super fine tip, dries clear, and quickly. I used pop dots on the stamped image to add even more dimension. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg0N5RLqAUiv6BTNLkVnvG4SA4ddBfcuH89tam3oq5vTZGmogK60or5mshrCZ913XtXKHD3AYDhG-VJknw-WUEsnmks_MtQuT8RF35QlxPpoxJa2HnzoWJRNRkNZKWV5E-I1U2YF6ElopQ0/s400/Hello-3.jpg

There you have it! It's a pretty simple card, but it has lots of glitz. The stamped image is a focal point, but those uniquely shaped sequins certainly hold their own in the spotlight too. I love how this came out, and I can imagine doing this same card in varying colors. A set of them would make a fun gift!

Remember, all of the Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blends are limited edition, and you can only get them from White Rose Crafts LLC.
Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment