Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva, Alison Heikkila - Birthday Bash

Birthday Bash
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Birthday Bash

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Alison here. My husband's birthday was at the end of April, and he loves when I make shaker cards. So, I knew I had to make one for him using one of the latest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. I decided to go with the Birthday Bash Sparkle Blends, because he loves bright, bold colors and because...well....it is a birthday card. ;) In this blend,you'll find red, green, purple, blue, and gold sequins. Some are in the shape of balloons! There are also little stars and microbeads. This is definitely a party in a shaker!
  
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgA0a8qPWyKkEEr2nDOIZimYtVuQeXVft8Kq9lT4ws77waV2ByHiE77FCTaFomaFKE3euCDgWNdFUqNPkizhkgs8HNsVfsuG357h1wRfgXz5_bUIRIv5Qg1qSSSC922DnBPAgsrn2XiUEJK/s400/Gene%2527s-Birthday-1.jpg

Beyond being inspired by Birthday Bash, I had just gotten Altenew's Bells and Bows Stamp Set, and I just had to use that awesome large bow that's in the set. I stamped 3 of the 4 layers using inks from Imagine. Doesn't it look real?! 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiKZecx_GQg059CVmHn2MJObs8GRJGJpraeyjc4VqRPqcEUMRZDK9I4WGRTHuzykPewMEhTWAcgnsedGnk_0bTtUlg2KuF1hwFR10znV6OnGAxFKvzoKrkJERsbemI8FCOfpkZu2ZBmn7zU/s400/Gene%2527s-Birthday-2.jpg

My papers are from DCWV, and they have fun metallic turquoise accents on them, which I thought really worked with the Sparkle Blend. If you click on my photo, you can see what's in the shaker a little better. My sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp's CZ Design Salty Ladies No. 1. I only stamped the "happy birthday" from this sentiment. The last word is "beyotch" and while I think that's a hysterical sentiment, I didn't really want to call my husband a beyotch. Ha!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjnvYza7Qun64sjoGKXmt4iiJ33gOWunst7Dr-xAXpCap5gv4b8HafCVxfWypdOa_qZJK4AwQF0jhBPamTN10KbH-UqoHIDjXA0Vxt6vB8Wb3C12EHhMU5eZfC9GtXy1RECkAsMCkDq3_qX/s400/Gene%2527s-Birthday-3.jpg

Needless to say, my husband LOVED his card. I am really grateful that he appreciates my creations and always likes to learn how I make things. He's going to be shaking this card quite a bit, I think. Make sure you check out the Birthday Bash Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground over at White Rose Crafts LLC. Each Sparkle Blend is limited edition. Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment