Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Guest Post By Designing Diva: Cheryl Schoeman - You're A Delight

You're A Delight

Hello! I am back with a project using Doodles Paper Playground's Flamingo Tropic sparkle blend. There are some beautiful pink and green colors in this blend as well as pineapple and flamingo shaped sequins.


I started my card by stamping the pineapple on a side folding A2 card. Then, using my misti, I kept the lower half of the pineapple in place and using it as a guide, I taped the coordinating die in place to a white A2 panel laid on top of my card. After cutting it, I repeated the same process with the top leaf portion so that the colorful stamped area would show through the cutout. I stamped the sentiment on the front of the cut panel.


To put everything together, I adhered a panel of clear acetate to the back of the top panel and then laid foam tape over it. I made sure to have the foam tape cover the thin strip between the bottom and top of the pineapple. On the card base, I piled green sequins to the leaf area and pink sequins to the pineapple. Then I took the backing off the foam tape and laid the top panel in place.


To finish it off, I added a few sequins around the sentiment. 

Supplies:
Stamps: Concord & 9th - pop art pineapple, wreath turnabout
Dies: lawnfawn - plastic flamingo; Mama Elephant - mojito, sunshine, blush; Versafine - black


Thanks so much for taking a look at my card!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment