Monday, May 28, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Alison Heikkila - Super Duper


Super Duper Shaker
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Cotton Candy (retired)


Hello! It’s Alison. Today I am sharing a really fun shaker card with Cotton Candy Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. I just bought the whole "How You Bean?" set from Lawn Fawn, specifically to use with the many Sparkle Blends I have in my stash. 


I typically prefer bright, bold colors...but there's something so fabulous about the Cotton Candy Sparkle Blend. Yup, it's definitely super sweet, but it's also opalescent and shiny. It's one of my favorite Sparkle Blends. Also inside the jar are a few stars that come with the How You Bean Add On Die set, and I stamped faces on a few of them, which I think makes the shaker even more joyful. 

My background was created with a leftover piece of watercolor paper that had been dipped in in Distress Oxide Inks. Then I stenciled the Waves and Dots stencil from Stampendous with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide.


In the photo above, you can see all of the tiny elements that make up this particular Sparkle Blend. I love the itty bitty opalescent stars, as well as the crystals. There are even some butterflies! My sentiment was created with a couple of Lawn Fawn stamp sets. The "Everything is" and "fun with you" is from the Love You S'more set, and the "super duper is from the new Reveal Wheel Sentiments. I added a piece of patterned paper to the bottom of the card to create a ground for the jar to sit on. 


I tell ya, shaker cards just make people happy. I was showing the completed card to my husband, kids, and my mom, and their faces just lit right up. They couldn't stop shaking them, and they just kept telling me how fun shakers are. So if you need to brighten someone's day, give them a shaker. You'll be seeing a lot of these jars from me, as I think they will be great for so many occasions. Changing out the Sparkle Blends inside will totally change the mood of the jar. I may just be trying it out with one of the new releases that will be coming out next month! 

Remember, you can only get Sparkle Blends from 
Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment