Friday, May 1, 2020

Hiya Shaker


Happy May! Alison here. It's going to be a terrific month (craft wise) because there is going to be an amazing new release from Doodles Paper Playground! I've gotten a sneak peek at the new Sparkle Blends, and let me just say, they are so diverse and fun! The release is on May 10th, so my card today features a previously released Sparkle Blend, called "Love Hearts."
I recently got the latest set of "Cheekys" stamps from The Greeting Farm. I have been a long-time fan of this particular collection, so I have been coloring them up quite a bit lately. This particular Cheeky is a favorite of mine. I love her outfit (those little polka dots!), her position, and her fabulous hair. I colored her with my Zig Clean Color Markers.
I didn't want to do a regular single window shaker like I have been doing lately, so I used a banner die from Avery Elle, partially die cut it twice, and then die cut it fully once. I sat my Cheeky on top of the second window because I thought she looked so cute perched there.
I wanted my sentiment to really stand out. I didn't want a regular sentiment strip, as I had a lot of space at the bottom. So I broke out my "Everett" dies from Simon Says Stamp and CZ Design. I needed a deep red that was super shiny, so I painted on Love Letter irRESISTables from Imagine. It almost gives a patent leather look. I used the straw of the sprayer to apply the medium, as I didn't want to take a chance with messing up a paint brush.


"Love Hearts" is chock full of sweet hearts (see what I did there?), in different sizes and colors. I really love the big hearts that have the embossed hearts on them. Even though it's not an all red Blend, it worked perfectly with the rest of my card. It turned out fun, with lots of movement. Make sure you check out the new Sparkle Blends Shop! Head on over to see all of the Blends that are currently available. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment