Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Cup of Get Sh*t Done

Greetings! Alison here. The new Sparkle Blend release from Doodles Paper Playground is live and available in the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy. There is a great mix of colors and themes, and I know it is going to be a very popular release. My card today features the Creamsicle Sparkle Blend, and if you caught my FB Live in the Sparkle Blends Fan Club, you got a sneak peek of this card.
One of my favorite stamp sets ever (seriously!) is Mug Life from Ink Road. The image sizes are perfect, they can be colored in soooo many ways, and the sentiments are freaking hilarious. When I saw that this Sparkle Blend release was going to feature several kinds of drinks, I knew that I was going to be giving this stamp set a work out.
I colored the stamps with my Zig Clean Color Markers and fussy cut them. My top panel has a fantastic chevron stamp from Heidi Swapp that I inked up with Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide. I die cut 4 hexagons from the Simon Says Stamp & CZ Design Hex Yeah die set and I backed my shaker windows with a piece of white and orange Spiffy Speckles paper from Lawn Fawn.
Do you see how adorable this Sparkle Blend is? There are little creamsicle pops little orange slices, and fat, Fimo donut shapes. This is a juicy Blend and although I don't typically gravitate towards citrus colors, I really like the variation of vibrancy in the colors. It's not all bold orange, there's also plenty of white and peach in it too.

I am really happy with how this card turned out. I love using geometric shapes and chevrons, and you just can't go wrong with the Mug Life stamps. The new Sparkle Blends are sure to make you smile, so I hope you'll visit the Etsy shop to see all 7 of the new release. Be sure to use my code, “ALISON10” for 10% off of your total order, with no minimum. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment