Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Best Wishes Shaker with Alcohol Inks


Hello! Today I have a new shaker card to share that uses a great die from The Stamps of Life. I've mentioned before that I often love to create many backgrounds in one sitting, so that at a later time, I can complete cards quickly. That's what I've used today, along with the "Grandma's Knit Sweater" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.
The Best Wishes die that I used cuts out a good sized window for a shaker. And since my background was created earlier, it was quick to put together. The background was made on poster board paper with 2 colors of alcohol ink and the Rose Gold Mixative.
The Grandma's Knit Sweater Sparkle Blend has a lot of fun colors in it (think of a sweater from the 70's). And although those colors aren't exactly in my alcohol ink background, I thought they worked nicely together. I love the bold blue, bright orange and grape-y purple that's in this Blend. There's other colors too, and they look fantastic together.
I backed the shaker window with black, which I also let peek out around the sides of the top panel. I like the contrast, and it helps the sequins to stand out. I added a few more sequins to the alcohol ink background, and a strip of metallic washi tape from Queen & Co.

I like the bold colors that are in the Sparkle Blend and the background. I could have perhaps added a sentiment strip near the top of the card, but I don't think it needs it. Also, I could always add it at a later date, when I know what the card is actually for.


Did you know that there is going to be a brand new Sparkle Blend release on May 10th?! It is an amazing bunch of Sparkle Blends and I know you're going to love them! I will be showing a sneak peek during a Facebook Live on Thursday at 7PM EST over on the Doodles Paper Playground Page. I hope you'll join me! In the meantime, why not head over to the Sparkle Blends Shop on Etsy to see the Blends that are currently available. There are a few that only have 1 or 2 packs left, and once they're gone, they're gone forever! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment