Friday, January 10, 2020

Love Ya, Puffins!

Hello! Alison here and I have a new shaker card to share with you that is great for many occasions, and it's perfect for a guy. Yup. A shaker that's good for a guy! I used the Celebrate Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground on it because it's all metallic, plus black. It's just perfect for the look I was going for.
I recently acquired the new Stud Puffin stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn and decided it would be fun to use them on a black and white card. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do exactly, so I started by coloring the puffins. I also knew I wanted to use the new Lawn Fawn Heart Shaker Gift Tag Set, as my shaker element.
As thing started to come together, I knew I needed something in my background. Enter the Simon Says Stamp Diagonal Stripe stencil. I inked it with VersaMark ink very carefully, using a back and forth motion with my blending brush, instead of circular. If I would have done a circular motion, I would have moved the delicate stripes, causing my image to lose it's cripsness. As it is, it isn't quite perfect, but I like it just the same. This would have been the perfect time to have Pixie Spray on hand, but alas, I don't own it. I kept the color concentrated in the middle and faded it as it went towards the outer edges.
Above, you can see how pretty the Celebrate Sparkle Blend is. You've got glitter sequins, large gold stars, striped sequins, and oil slick colors. It's quite elegant. I embossed my sentiment on an Avery Elle banner die with Detail Gold embossing powder from Stampendous. I also added some sparkle to the floating hearts above my shaker with a Sakura glitter pen.
Before I added my decorated panel to my card base, I inked the edges to solid black with VersaFine Clair Ink in Nocturne. I wanted a rich black so that it appeared that my card was actually black, but I wanted to maintain a white base.

I love how this card turned out. It's not girly or feminine, and it has just the right amount of sparkle and shine. I'll be back very soon with another project. Please be sure to visit the Doodles Paper Playground Blog to see more of what the team has been creating. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment