Friday, January 24, 2020

Fairies are Awesomesauce!

Hi, it's Rhiannon! The Awesomesauce Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground inspired me to do something colorful for my card today. Then I found the Iridescent Shimmer Paper in Lilac and I thought I should do something with fairies. I knew this would wind up being very colorful.
First, I stamped and colored my fairy and flower. They're from Lawn Fawn's Fairy Friends stamp set. I colored them with Arteza's Real Brush Pens. After I cut out the fairy and flower, I drew a rectangle on the card base, so I knew where I wanted to put the Lilac paper. Next, I used Cottage Ivy Fireworks! Spray from Imagine and I sprayed the card base an awful lot! It's super shimmery.
Then I redrew the rectangle and measured it so that I could cut it from the Lilac paper. It's 1 3/4" x 2 1/2." I glued the fairy and the paper, and then I stamped the sentiment. The sentiment was originally on one line, but I decided I liked it better on two, so I stamped the first half, and then the second below. Next I arranged all of the sequins. I love all the colors and shapes in the Awesomesauce Blend, and I like putting the flowers together with layers of leaves or beads. I layered things in 4 spots on this card. Can you find them??? I adhered them all with On Point Glue from Imagine.

I like how sparkly and shiny this card is. And, it's magical. I liked layering the flowers a lot. It adds extra dimension. Thanks for coming! I'll have another card soon.

1 comment: