Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Sending Happy Thoughts

Hello! Alison here. I have a new shaker card to share with you to hopefully help chase away the Winter doldrums. I wanted to make something bright and cheery, so I looked through my Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground and decided that Easter Basket was the right color story for what I wanted to create.
Using the Easter Basket Sparkle Blends as a guide, I looked through my stash of backgrounds that I created and came across the one I used behind my shaker panel. It was done by swiping alcohol inks on a piece of glossy photo paper. The colors were perfect!
Next, I chose a floral stamp, which happened to be Cosmos Friend from Stampendous. I stamped it on to a piece of Smooth Bristol cardstock from Strathmore using VersaFine Ink. For my shaker window, I partially die cut an oval from Elizabeth Craft Designs. For the area where my flowers would have been cut off by the oval, I fussy cut with my scissors. I decided to tear up the edges a bit, so I used my Heidi Swapp Edge Distressor.
I used foam tape from Brutus Monroe because it's super thick and allows the large beads that are in the Blend to move pretty freely. As I was filling my shaker window, I found that I needed to add some more "plain" sequins to the mix. I wanted to just round out the look a bit, based on what the rest of the card looked like, so I grabbed the "Majestic" Sparkle Blend and added some round pinks and a few whites. But Easter Basket is still the star of the show. I inked the edges of my white card base with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, just for a little extra pop of color. I also added a Tiny Words sentiment from Simon Says Stamp and colored it with one of my Zigs.

You can see in the photo above just how pretty the "Easter Basket" Sparkle Blend really is. It has so many sizes and shapes, and the colors are just lovely. I colored my Cosmos to coordinate with the Blend. Did you know that Doodles Paper Playground is opening their own shop? You can no longer get Sparkle Blends from White Rose Crafts. They are currently only available on Facebook, but starting in February, they'll have their own shop on Etsy! If you'd like to see the available Blends (remember, all Sparkle Blends are a 1 time run, so once they're gone, they are gone forever!), head to the temporary Facebook Shop HERE. I'll be back very soon with another new project. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, I love the background with the swipes of color!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Sharon! Working with alcohol inks is so much fun!

      Delete