Saturday, July 11, 2020

Surprise Gift Shaker Card



Hi, it's Phoenix. Today I am going to be showing you my Surprise Gift Shaker card using the "Oh Christmas Tree" Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground. I wanted to do something more interactive than just a shaker, so I decided to make the gift box "open" up.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Gift-Shaker-2-600-1.jpg
I started off by using Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Distress ink on an old Dreamweaver stencil. I applied the ink with a Cotton Tail Blending Brush from The Rabbit Hole Designs. Next, I die cut a square on to the stenciled background. After that, I glued on a piece of acetate, using Zip Dry Glue. While it was drying, I decided that I wanted to use the "Oh Christmas Tree" Sparkle Blend, which helped me pick out everything else.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Gift-Shaker-4-600.jpg
I cut out a rectangle that was slightly bigger than my shaker window, and I used the Diagonal Stripe stencil from Simon Says Stamp on it with Copic Markers. The Copics stain the stencil, but I used Isopropyl Alcohol to clean it up. To make the flap on the side, I used a scoring tool 1/4" in from the left side. Then I attached it to the front of the card.
I added foam tape to the back, and filled the shaker window with the Sparkle Blend. I added a piece of paper that had some little red dots to close off the window. Next, I chose my ribbon, had Mom tie it into a bow, and I attached it with Zip Dry Glue. Then I added it all to the card base.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Gift-Shaker-3-600.jpg
I made this card much faster than I usually make cards, and I think it's really cool. I think that next time, I will add another piece of acetate on the inside, so that it becomes a see-through shaker. I hope you give this Surprise Shaker a try! Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment