Sunday, July 26, 2020

Candy Twist


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0378-1.jpg
Hey Friends! It's EK and today, I am popping in with a little guest designing here at Doodles Paper Playground.
Earlier this month, DPP had a chance to collaborate and play with The Rabbit Hole Designs for a Christmas in July crafting palazzo, and today I am getting to play with not only DPP's recently released Sparkle Blends, but The Rabbit Hole Designs (TRHD) recently released holiday dies and stamps.
Today I am using the new Old St. Nick Sparkle Blend pack and Candy Twist die set from TRHD.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0343.jpg
I started my project today by die cutting two piece of crafting paper with the Candy Twist die. One piece was simply a piece of cardstock, the second a piece of red adhesive foil. I have never played the foil paper before, so, there was a bit of a learning curve. I however thought it would be really cool if I could use the die cut in each of the other projects and get a cool two for one.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0344.jpg
The red foil was a little hard to work with, so it simply got adhered to a piece of white cardstock. The Christmas cardstock got a piece of acetate to the back of the die cut opening.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0345-1.jpg
The die cuts then got adhered into the openings, and I added back a few of the candy swirl die cuts back into the openings.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0346.jpg
The holiday cardstock card got prepped to become a shaker card and I added the Old St. Nick Sparkle Blends got added to the opening. Both card faces were added to an A2 card.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0347.jpg
The cards needed a sentiment, so I stamped a sentiment from The Rabbit Hole Design's new Kringle stamp set and embossed it in red embossing powder onto some trimmed cardstock.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0348.jpg
The trimmed cardstock got a fishtail trimmed and added to the two cards.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0374.jpg
Several Old St. Nick sequins were added to the face of the red foil card, keeping it simple.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0375.jpg
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0376.jpg
I figured the paper of the printed cardstock was busy enough, that I let the sparkle blends inside the shaker do the work all on its own.
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is img_0377.jpg
Let me know if you have a favorite card from the two today in the comments below. Until then, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the glitz and glam. Although red is my least favourite colour, I really love the red foil card.

    ReplyDelete