Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Happy Heart Day

Hello! Today I have two cards to share with you. I made them for my kids for Valentine's Day and just didn't have a chance to share them with all of you. They are both done with the same techniques, just with different color palettes. In both cards though I used the new Gold Rush Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground.
For both of these cards, I used an alcohol ink background that I had created some time ago. I enjoy making a bunch of different backgrounds all at once, especially when my mojo is in a slump, so that I have plenty to choose from at a later date.
The card above is the one I made for Phoenix. He of course likes fire colors (a true Phoenix) so I knew this background was perfect for him. I used a die from Elizabeth Craft Designs to make my shaker window, and for the "walls" of it, I used brown craft foam. The Gold Rush Sparkle Blend is perfect for this card because of how it picks up the gold alcohol ink in the background. I really like the varying shades of gold, as well as the different sizes and shapes.
This is the card I made for Rhiannon, and you can see that by just changing the colors up a bit, you can get a completely different look. And on this card, Gold Rush really pops, instead of blending in more with the background. On both cards, I used StazOn Opaque for the sentiment. Truthfully, my pad is a little dried out, so it doesn't look as perfect as it could, but it's a wonderful ink to work with! I also brushed on some Sheer Shimmer Spritz in Gold on my gray frame for this card. I thought it needed a little more shine. I love how it turned out.

I am really happy with how both of these cards turned out. I am also thrilled that the kids love them. I think they both fit each of their personalities. So, have you checked out the new Sparkle Blends Shop yet? Head on over to see all of the Blends that are currently available. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment