Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Study in Green

Hello! Alison here. I have a very green card to share with you today. Last year, I had made a card similar to this in red last year. You can take a look at it HERE. I love playing with color, so eventually I'd like to do a version of this card in many colors, but this time green won out. I used the Emerald Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground, plus many of the stamps from Hero Arts' My Monthly Hero Kit from last May (it's still available HERE!).
So I knew I was doing a green card, so I just pulled out a bunch of the greens (plus some grays) from my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens set and started to color up a bunch of the stamped images. Thank goodness this kit comes with dies, because I would NOT want to cut all of these teeny (and fabulous!) little tools out by hand. I also die cut my window panel with a circle so that I could start arranging my die cuts.
I found a great scrap of old Prima paper that I used behind my shaker window...I thought it went perfectly with one of my washi tape die cuts. I also thought that a plain white card wasn't exciting enough. So I grabbed Cottage Ivy and New Sprout Fireworks! Spray from Imagine, and flicked it all over the panel before I adhered my colored images. You can see in the photo above just how pretty the Emerald Sparkle Blend is. I really love all of the fun shades, the unique "shards" and confetti sequins. Before assembling the card, I inked the edges of my card base with Mowed Lawn Distress ink.
After I was finished assembling the card, I thought that it really needed a sentiment. I took out the Altenew Crafty Friends stamp set and chose one that I thought would fit on top well, then I stamped it with StazOn pigment ink in Shamrock Green. I chose the StazOn for the color and the opacity.

So now I've done red and green for this style of card. Which color do you think I should do next? I'd love to hear your suggestions! Please be sure to visit the Sparkle Blends Shop over on Etsy to see all of the currently available Blends. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment