Friday, March 20, 2020

Fairy Garden

Hi, it's Rhiannon. I really love fairies, and I wanted to make a fairy card to share with you today. I chose the Pixie Dust Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground first, because I knew it would work with anything I made.
I started by stamping my fairy house and fairy, which is from Lawn Fawn's Fairy Friends stamp set. Next I colored them (with Memento Markers), and drew where the grass line should be. Then I drew the grass with the Memento Markers called Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart, and Cottage Ivy. It took a while, but it came out really nice. Next, I made a mask of the fairy so I could stamp the tulips that's behind her. I finished stamping the rest of the flowers after that.
It was time to color in the flowers, and I added the little mushroom, which I inked up with the Ladybug marker. Next I made the path. I drew in every stone and then colored them. That took a long time too, but I am really proud of how it looks.
After I finished coloring the picture, I added Wink of Stella (a glitter marker) to the fairy, the door of the house, all the flowers and a little in the sky. You can't overdo it! Now it was time for me to pick out the sequins I wanted to use from the Pixie Dust Sparkle Blend. I really like the holographic star bust sequin that I put in the fairy's hair and in other spots of the card. I attached all of the sequins with On Point Glue. I cut out a cream card base, folded it, and applied Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K Designs in White. Like I said, you can't have too much sparkle!

I like how the card ended up after all of the work. My favorite part is the path. I also really like how i colored the fairy's wings. I used a few pastel colors to make them look iridescent. And the Pixie Dust Sparkle Blend makes the scene feel magical. Thanks for coming! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment