Thursday, August 9, 2018

Design Team Project for Kindred Stamps: Cute Unicorns with a Twist

Cute Unicorns with a Twist

I've had some internet problems for the past week, but I'm finally back online to share a super fun, interactive card I created using the ultra adorbs Cute Unicorns stamp set, as my Design Team project

To start with, I created a top fold, 110# White card base. I used a cloud border die from my stash to cut a stencil and ink blended some pastel clouds with my Nuvo Dual Ended Blending Brushes & Shaded Lilac, Squeezed Lemonade, Tattered Rose, & Salty Ocean Distress Oxide inks. Next, I cut 3 of the 2nd smallest clouds in the Ellentina Stacked Cloud Dies (retired). I used a cream colored marker, topped with Sakura clear Stardust pen to accent them. Next, I used a grass border die from my stash to cut the ground, and used Squeezed Lemonade mixed with Salty Ocean Oxide ink to blend a custom green (because I was too lazy to walk over to my stamp storage and grab a green ink!) Then I performed a little stamp surgery so I could stamp the "Always be yourself" sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink



I stamped all of the images from the set a couple of times on 80# white cardstock, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them using Copic markers. I adhered the elements together with Glue Dots

For the inside, I selected a beautiful, ombre purple star paper from the Craft Smith Stay Magical 6x6 paper pad & used the largest of the Double Stitched In and Out Cut Rectangle die set by Gina Marie Designs to cut and adhere panels to the inside. I also used the middle size to cut a white rectangle as my writing area, adhering it to the bottom center of the card, and stamped the "Shine Bright" sentiment in the top left corner of the top panel.


I decided I wanted this card to have a Twist! So, I decided to try out my Lawn Fawn Pivot Pop Up die set! I cut all of the pop up elements from the same 110# cardstock I used to make my card base & attached the pop up mechanism to fold of the card following this Lawn Fawn Tutorial, using super strong Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive, to make sure it didn't go anywhere! I used the same technique I used on the front pieces to create my pastel, fluffy cloud background & to color the hill and stamp the other half of the sentiment: "Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn." in Onyx Black ink. I again used glue dots to adhere all of the elements to the pop up panel and Double Sided Sticky Tape to adhere the panel to the mechanism. I added a ton of sparkle with both a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Overlay pen & the Clear Stardust pen.


I absolutely adore this combination of Cute unicorns with the pop up panel & hope you like it too!

You can purchase this Cute Unicorns stamp set for yourself, over at Kindred Stamps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment