Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Alison Heikkila - Bubblegum Ice and a Sloth

Bubblegum Ice and a Sloth
by Alison Heikkila

Hello! It's Alison. Today I bring to you a card that features one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. It's called Bubblegum Ice and it is exquisite! Shades of pink, white and blue in varying forms of sparkly bits are and absolute delight to see. The name perfectly describes this color palette. And, this Blend is what inspired my chosen colors for my card.


I stamped out an adorable sloth from an older Kraftin Kimmie set. I'm sorry, I couldn't find it on her website, so it must not be available any longer. I colored this guy with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, making sure that the flowers coordinated with the Bubblegum Ice Sparkle Blend.


I made sure to use a good mix of the varying types of sequins when choosing which bits I wanted to use. A little bit of glitter, a lot of holographic, etc. I really love this blend! For my background, I used Dreamweaver Stencils' (via Stampendous) Picasso Tool to create the clouds with Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance Ink from Imagine on gray cardstock. And of course, I used Imagine's On Point Glue. I used a couple of StampendousFitted Frames (Set B) to make my layers. I also added a small sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.


I'll be sending this to a friend who recently had a birthday. Hence the sloth. I'm late. You can check out all of the new and fabulous Sparkle Blends over at White Rose Crafts LLC. I think this may be Amber's best release to date! Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment