Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Alison Heikkila - Majestic

Majestic
By Alison Heikkila

Greetings! Alison here. Today I am sharing a card that uses one of the newest Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. It's called "Majestic," and if you love shades of pink, gold and unicorns, then you've got to get this Blend!


The Sparkle Blends helped me to choose my color palette for the rest of the card. I used the Unicorn Rose stamp from Stampendous, and I colored her in with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I also added some gold Stickles to her mane for added sparkle.

My top layer was created with watercolor paper. I applied Delicata Re-inkers from Imagine in Golden Glitz and Pink Shimmer directly on to my brayer, and then I spritzed the brayer with Ink Potion No. 9. Then, I just rolled it on to my watercolor paper. I did add a few more spritzes of Ink Potion No. 9 directly to the paper as well. After the ink was dry, I used the Moroccan Mesh stencil with Rose Bud Memento ink and a sponge dauber, and inked a few areas on the paper. I didn't want to cover the whole thing. Then I die cut my window with an older Sizzix die.

You can see in the photo above all of the wonderful little bits that are inside this Sparkle Blend. I've got to be honest, I'm not much of a pink girl, and I didn't know how much I'd like this Blend in person, but it is absolutely beautiful! I adore the little unicorn heads that are in it! Do you see them?

I especially love the fully glittered sequins like the large pink one you can see on the photo above. Many of the new Sparkle Blends this month have different colored glittered sequins, and they are really fantastic! My sentiment is from one of my favorite sentiment stamp sets. It's from Hero Arts and it's called You Are Loved. Jennifer McGuire helped to create this set, and part of the proceeds go to the Kind Campaign to help end bullying. I stamped the sentiment with StazOn on to vellum, and I adhered it with On Point Glue, where I attached the extra little sequins. The inside of my shaker, by the way, has an older piece of DCWV cardstock.

It was fun to design the whole card based on the colors and what's inside this Majestic Sparkle Blend. I have always loved unicorns, so this card was a joy to make. Remember you can only get Doodles Paper Playground's Sparkle Blends at White Rose Crafts LLC. Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

1 comment: