Thursday, August 2, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Alison Heikkila - Rainbows For Days

Rainbows For Days
By Alison Heikkila

Hello! Alison here! It's time for a new card, and I am featuring a card with lots of beautiful sequins from Doodles Paper Playground. The stamp set I used is from The Ink Road  called Full Circle.


Doodles Paper Playground has released 6 brand new Sparkle Blends yesterday and as I was looking at them, I just couldn't decide which to use first. So I decided to use them all! Sort of. Here's what I did. I started off by choosing the circle images from Full Circle that I wanted to use. Then, I picked a different Memento Ink color from Imagine for each circle, creating a rainbow. After stamping them all, I used a 1" circle punch to cut them out.

I arranged the circles on my card and popped up the orange and blue with foam tape for dimension. Then I began to choose my sequins. I picked through my entire collection of Sparkle Blends, though I did try to focus on using the new release as much as possible. The large orange, large holographic blue, and all of the small glitter sequins, for example, are from the new release blends. I laid out the sequins in rainbow order, trying to get a good color change throughout. When I was satisfied, I glued all of the sequins down with On Point Glue from Imagine. I heat embossed my sentiment, added that, and stuck it all down on to a black card base.

I love the playful look of this card. It was fun to make, and really didn't take long at all. You've just got to check out the new release Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. They are positively beautiful! You can only get them HERE at White Rose Crafts LLC. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment