Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Alison Heikilla - Mermaid Scales are Super Duper

Mermaid Scales are Super Duper
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Mermaid Scales

Hello! Alison here, and I've got another fun shaker card to share with you today. I really love the versatility of the How You Bean jar from Lawn Fawn, because you can fill it with pretty much anything and it will look fantastic. For this particular version, I decided to go with Mermaid Scales Sparkle Blends from Doodles Paper Playground. This particular blend was released in January, but it is still available for purchase, while supplies last. I chose this blend, because the recipient loves blue and I really like the contrast with the shades of green.


The colors of the Sparkle Blend helped me choose the colors for the rest of the card. I used Cracked Pistachio and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide with a Time Holtz stencil for my background. I paired it with some Coordinations canvas cardstock. 


Here's a closer look inside the shaker. I added some stars from Lawn Fawn's add-on shaker die set for How You Bean?. They add a little bit of a cute factor that I love. The jar and lid were colored with only 3 Zig Clean Color Markers.


I used craft foam to build the thickness of the shaker. This is much simpler than using foam tape in this scenario because the jar die cuts the foam so perfectly. I also don't have to worry about breaks in the foam where sequins could fall out.


I pieced together the sentiment with the Reveal Wheel Sentiments stamp set and the Love you S'more stamp set. Making the jar into a shaker is fast and so much fun. I hope you don't get tired of seeing them, because I know I am making a bunch. If you are interested in getting the Mermaid Scales or any other Sparkle Blend from Doodles Paper Playground, please visit White Rose Crafts LLC, as they are the only Sparkle Blends retailer, at this time. Remember, as always, Sparkle Blends are hand mixed in limited batches, available only while supplies last. Make sure you order your favorites before they're gone for good!

Thanks for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!
💙 Alison

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon, 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment