Saturday, June 9, 2018

Guest Post by Designing Diva: Cheryl Schoeman - Sweet Hello

Sweet Hello
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Sweet Treats

Hi all! I have a card using the new Doodles Paper Playground sparkle blend Sweet Treats. This blend reminds me of ice cream trucks and all things summer so I made a sunny card with it.



I started by using alcohol inks mixed together for the background and cut it down to a 4 x 5.25 inches. I am still working on my technique with alcohol inks. The colors I used were really pretty even before I used the mixative. I think next time, I am going to try just laying the colors down and letting them spread as is. It will leave some white space but it looked neat.

Then I die cut the front panel out of white cardstock and blended a sunny yellow on the top. To put the shaker together, I adhered the acetate to the back of the front panel and added foam tape on top of it. I removed the release paper before adding the blend. I found that I make more of a mess when I remove the release paper after the sparkle blend is in place. I lined the background up with the top of the panel and pressed down and added the whole piece to a top folding A2 card.

Supplies
Inks: Alcohol inks – pink sherbet, pool, sunshine yellow, flamingo; Distress oxide inks – Squeezed lemonade
Dies: YNS – Circle Panel Die



This is a really pretty blend. I also may use it with a popsicle die or as embellishments to anything spring/floral. 
More fun as soon as I get free time! 
Thanks so much for stopping by.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment