Monday, June 11, 2018

Chin Up Buttercup Cards with Ink Road Stamps

Hello Doodle Friends,

Today I would love to share two cards I created, marrying one of Ink Road Stamp's fabulous stamp sets, Chin Up Buttercup with two of my own June release, Sparkle Blends, Peacock Pizzazz & Strawberry Fields, available exclusively at White Rose Crafts LLC.


I started with a whole bunch of Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Faded JeansCracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Shaded Lilac, Candied Apple, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry & Worn Lipstick and the largest of the solid hexagon shapes from the Ink Road Stamps Chin Up Buttercup stamp set to build my semi-random backgrounds--one in cool tones and one in warm. 
I love the imperfect impression & irregular pattern I achieved by block stamping with the Oxides.


After I got the hex stamping the way I liked it, I took the buttercup images from the stamp set and randomly stamped them around my backgrounds using Versamark Clair Mountain Mist ink. Then I used 3 of my Copic markers to color them in (Y00, Y15 & YR23), just where there was white space. Next, I used my Misti stamping tool to multi stamp the large "Chin Up Buttercup" sentiment over the backgrounds, using Versamark Onyx Black ink & heat embossed them using Ranger Super Fine Clear embossing powder. I wanted a more smooth finish, so I inked them up again with Versamark ink & used the clear embossing powder a second time. I trimmed both panels down to 4x5.25, using my Fiskars rotary trimmer.


For my cool colored card, I decided to mat my panel using lavender cardstock, cut to 1/8 inch larger than my panel. I adhered the cardstock layer directly to my white 110# A2 card base, and used Woodware UK 1mm Foam Mounting Tape to pop up the stamped panel, for a tiny bit of dimension. For embellishment, I chose to scatter a selection of sequins from the Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Peacock Pizzazz sequin mix, and adhered them with Glossy Accents


For the warm colored card, I followed the same steps, just choosing a piece of lime green cardstock to mat my panel, and embellishing the design with Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Strawberry Fields sequins.


As a final touch, I added a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen to only the colored Buttercup flower images.



I hope you enjoyed my project today, and that you will check out both White Rose Crafts and Ink Road Stamps! Both of these companies have excellent, personal customer service and unique products to choose from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon,
Happy Crafting!
~ Amber  

No comments:

Post a Comment