Friday, February 23, 2018

Guest Post by Sparkle Blends Designing Diva, Alison Heikkila: Magical Dragons


Magical Dragons Shaker Card
By Alison Heikkila
Using Doodles Paper Playground: Sparkle Blends Test Your Luck


Greetings! It’s Alison, and I am so happy to be sharing a new project with you as a Guest Designer for Doodles Paper Playground. Doodles Paper Playground offers beautiful Sparkle Blends....amazing mixes of sequins, micro beads, teeny fimo pieces, and itty bitty jewels, and you can only get them at White Rose Crafts LLC. My card today features one of the new February blends, called Test Your Luck.



I used the adorable Magical Dragons stamp set from My Favorite Things and color coordinated them with the Test Your Luck Sparkle Blends. These dragons are just the sweetest! And if you have been a follower of my blog, you know how much I love dragons and the fantasy realm. Here's a closer look at what's inside of the Test Your Luck Sparkle Blends.


See the fimo flowers? And there's a smiley face peeking through! I adhered the dragons to make it appear as though they were actually looking into the shaker window. As though they were captivated by what was inside, moving around. 


My background was created with alcohol inks, so I will be entering this card into the latest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is "Make Your Own Background." I used 3 colors of alcohol ink and swiped them across some glossy photo paper. The colors went great with the Sparkle Blends and the dragons.


I used a couple of Fitted Frames from Stampendous for my shaker window and for my sentiment. I kept the card fairly simple so that the dragons and Sparkle Blends would really steal the show. I think they did! 

If you love Sparkle Blends, and would love to see more, please visit White Rose Crafts LLC. I even have a special 15% off discount code for you! Be sure to copy the entire code. 

15% off total purchase at www.whiterosecraftsllc.com
Discount Code:    EY4JVU Doodles Discount
expires 2/28/18

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have an inspiring day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for visiting the blog!
Come back soon!
Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment